Prom Glam/Grooming Giveaway!
TAKE the NITE has partnered with Mastermind MGT to award two lucky high school students (and their dates) a Glam/Grooming makeover for prom! Mastermind MGT is a management company catering to elite creative artists and talent. Founded by Chicago native and Kenwood Academy Alum, Tamara Taylor, the company's roster includes celebrity glam artists who work/have worked with the likes of Zendaya, Taraji P. Henson, NeNe Leakes, Trevor Jackson, V. Bozeman and Gabrielle Union to name a few. TAKE the NITE, co-founded by Tamara and her brother Tirrell Taylor (current Dean of Students at Excel Academy of South Shore), is a full scale event production and entertainment company. Both siblings are young college graduates turned entrepreneurs. Because of their backgrounds and diverse post undergraduate experiences, they believe that both education and entrepreneurship are important for the advancement of society and our culture. Tamara and Tirrell have always had strong desires to give back to their communities, are committed to helping the next generation achieve their goals, and believe that outstanding students should be rewarded for their hard work.
What is the Glam/Grooming Giveaway?
One student from each school will be selected to receive a Glam/Grooming makeover for themselves and their prom dates! The winning students will experience the same process that their favorite celebrities go through as they prepare for red carpet events. The glam/grooming makeover will include:
- Hair and Makeup/Hair Cut and Grooming by Celebrity Hairstylist Tym Wallace
- Personal Wardrobe Consultation, Fitting, and Styling by Celebrity Stylist J Darian
- Personal Glam Suite with Private Send Off Reception
- Professional Behind-the-Scenes and Reception Photos
*Please note that transportation to/from the glam suite or prom will not be included
WHO CAN APPLY
Each applicant must meet the following requirements in order to apply:
• Must be a resident of Chicago or Chicagoland Suburbs
• Must be a graduating High School Senior (Class of 2017) from Kenwood Academy Highschool or Excel Academy of South Shore
• Must have a 2.5 GPA or Higher
• Must be accepted to at least one 4 Year College/University
- You may only submit ONE application including either the essay or creative submission, not both.
- You must provide your current GPA, ACT/SAT Composite Score, and Resume
- You must provide a copy of your high school transcript or most recent report card.
- You must provide a copy of at least one acceptance letter to a 4 year college or university. If you have not received any acceptance letters yet, please upload a document with a list of colleges/universities that you have applied to. Winning students must provide acceptance letter at least 2 weeks before prom.
- You must follow all of our sponsors on instagram: @TAKEtheNITE, @TymWallaceHair, @JDarian, @0514design, @BePicturedProductions
- You must upload your response to one of the following prompts:
I. Anti Violence
Please submit an anti-violence plan for the city of Chicago. Your response should be a creative submission (rap, song, poem, commercial, short film etc.) at least 2 minutes long with a maximum length of 5 minutes, or an essay with a word count of 500-1250.
II. Address the Media
Please choose a topic or specific incident and address how the media's coverage of it, or lack there of, affects teenagers and young adults. Topics may include but are not limited to industry beauty standards, hate crimes, rap music content, disproportionate race representation at award shows, etc. Your response should be a creative submission (rap, song, poem, commercial, short film etc.) at least 2 minutes long with a maximum length of 5 minutes, or an essay with a word count of 500-1250.
2. Once you complete the application, you will receive a confirmation email. Only applications completed in its entirety will be considered.
3. Winners will be announced on or before February 24, 2017.
Deadline for this application has passed.